Admah West Cemetery, Washington County, Nebraska


Also known as St. Johannes, West Admah or Admah Lutheran Cemetery. In 1948, interested persons, descendants of the first members of St. Johannes Danish Evangelical Church of Admah, decided to form a cemetery organization, known as West Admah Cemetery Association. The first meeting was held in the Edwin Dam home, with lawyers O'Hanlon and O'Hanlon to assist them in drawing up a constitution, and electing a board of trustees. Each year the Sunday before Memorial Day, a meeting is held at the cemetery to transact any business which concerns the organization. Interested persons helped to clean up the cemetery grounds; a new fence was erected and the old church was sold to a nearby farmer. Upon organizing, members were assessed two dollars dues, until 1961, when contributions were received and placed in reserve and the interest is used as a perpetual fund for the upkeep of the cemetery. A Danish inscription on one of the tombstones reads, "Blessed are the dead that die in the Lord -- their deeds go with them."

There are 97 graves in this cemetery according to this sites burial records.


James Dam
19331 CR 3
Hooper, NE 68031
402-654-3384


  • Search WCGS Cemetery Records
  • Visit this cemetery on nebraskagravesthones.org
  • Visit this cemetery on findagrave.com

  • From the Highway 75 and CR-4 intersection in Herman, take CR-4 approximately 12 miles west. Admah West Cemetery will be on the north side of the road and near the intersection of CR-4 and CR-25.


    Washington County, Nebraska SW 1/4 SW 1/4 Sec 29 Township 20, Range 9

    Google Cemetery Map: