|Norma L. Andersen, 91, of Fremont, died Sunday, Aug. 22, 1999, at the Fremont Care Center.|
Services were 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 26, at First Lutheran Church in Fremont. The Revs. Mark Grorud and Norma Freund officiated.
Burial was in the Salem Lutheran Cemetery in Fontanelle.
Norma L. Andersen was born Feb. 9, 1908, to William and Emma (Lallman) Holtman in rural Arlington.
She grew up in rural Arlington and graduated from Arlington High School.
She attended Wayne State College, Dana College and graduated from Colorado State College in Greeley, Colo.
In Washington County, she taught at the Bisbee School. She moved to Akron, Colo. where she continued to teach from 1937 to 1952 before returning to Washington County. She taught in Blair from 1953 until her retirement.
On May 26, 1956, she married Andrew C. Andersen in Clinton, Iowa. He died on Nov. 23, 1975.
She moved to Fremont in 1976 and lived at the Pathfinder House for one year. She moved to the Fremont Care Center in June 1999.
She was a member of the First Lutheran Church in Fremont, a former member of the Retired Teachers Association of Fremont and was an active member in the Retired Senior Volunteer Program.
She is survived by her daughter and son-in-law, Gwen and Richard Masters of Fremont; sisters, Leona Vahsholz and Viola Hartman, both of Stanton; four sisters-in-law, Margie Holtman of Sioux Falls, S.D., Helen Skov of Blair, Lelah Dole of Washougal, Wash., and Leona Holtman of Stanton; three grandchildren, Patrick, Kent and Thomas Masters; four great-grandchildren, Natasha and Brian Masters and Jennifer and Melissa Dunlap; six step-grandchildren, Mrs. Ron (Linda) Madsen, Mrs. Mike (Arlene) Casey, Jim Erickson, Mrs. Bart (Jeanne) Leck, Derald and his wife, Cheryl Erickson, and Mrs. George (Donna) Blankenship.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two husbands; two brothers, Ervin and Lester Holtman; and one sister, Irene Ross.
Memorials are suggested to First Lutheran Church in Fremont or the Fremont Area Medical Center Foundation.
Moser Memorial Chapel in Fremont was in charge of arrangements.